We’re pleased to announce that our second major biweekly update is here! This update has some brand-new skyboxes, new kill chain graphics, tons of fixes, and a whole lot more! A lot of it is outlined in our update trailer which you can see right here:
- Completely remade the skyboxes! All of the existing skyboxes have been heavily updated, and E1L6 now has one of its own.
- Added new specialized kill chain and kill combo graphics!
- Added a new railgun trail graphic.
- Added a new model for the box of rocket ammo.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the storyboards.
- Fixed a crash that randomly occurred after exiting the credits sequence.
- Made a fix to prevent objects from being “double deleted”, which would produce an error.
- Optimized the calculation of the model outlines, which speeds up loading times.
- Only replays made with the current release of Wrack can be played off of the leaderboard.
- Fonts glyphs are now imported on a single texture, rather than individually.
- Kerning values are generated automatically for fonts! Now, all that’s supplied is a base kerning amount, and the rest is taken care of automatically.
- Sped up font rendering.
- You can now specify which font glyphs have kerning applied to them.
- Sound objects now properly play their sounds after a quicksave is restored.
- Fix a bug that reset the number of secrets on a map after restarting in Time Attack/Score Attack mode.
- Protips can now be colorized to highlight certain keywords.
- Added and tweaked a few protips.
- Fixed a bug that mistakenly caused players riding moving faces to block their movement.
- Fixed a bug that allowed bounce collision objects to slide past walls when colliding with corners.
- Gibs now properly bounce off of sloped floors.
- Made a couple of fixes so that moving faces (lifts, etc.) end at the proper distance upon reaching their desired distance.
- Fixed some walls on E1L2 that barrels could travel behind.
- Kill chains and kill combos can now be defined externally! Their own graphics can now be specified as well.
- Added a “NARRATOR” speaker title to the narrator’s lines.
It’s already out on Steam, and should be up on both the website and Desura shortly.