We’ve got another great update for you! This update, “Now in Color!”, significantly enhances the overall brightness and color depth of the game. It also adds a new form of anti-aliasing, some new screen effects, and plenty more! You can see for yourself the difference it all makes in the update trailer:
- Significantly brightened many of the game’s textures and graphics! The game’s overall contrast should be much better now.
- Added a new form of anti-aliasing: FXAA! This reduces pixelation of numerous edges, including weapon outlines and textures.
- Updated the lightmapping blur algorithm to produce better results. Mappers also have more blurring choices!
- Faces now take up less less lightmap space due to no longer needed a pixel-wide border.
- Lowered the level ambient lighting from 64 to 16 to produce more contrast.
- Optimized the rendering of decals. There’s still some more work to do, but it should be a bit better now.
- Lowered the max. number of decals on a single face from 512 to 256.
- Made some tweaks to the bloom algorithm. It now samples a more even distribution of pixels on the screen to blur.
- Added support for angle/pitch offsets for various screen shaking effects, and applied it to the weapons (including the Hyperblade when it hits something).
- The gamepad now rumbles when an object is struck with the Hyperblade.
- Brightened and increased the duration the dynamic lights attached to weapons when they fire.
- Barrel gibs now spin around.
- Made some lighting/architecture adjustments on E1L1.
- Added some bloom maps for several E1L1 textures.
- Removed a couple of duplicate faces on E1L4.
- Fixed an issue that prevented killed monsters that activate a checkpoint from being gibbed.
It’s already out on Steam and the website, and should be up Desura shortly.