Thread: Max polygon limit & other things.

Max polygon limit & other things.

Hi there, i've been following Wrack for a while and i've got some pretty crazy mod ideas, but there's something I just want to know. What is the maximum polygon limit of the Wrack Engine, and is the Wrack Engine capable of enchanced graphical do-dads such as Normal Mapping and decals?

Awesome! Can't wait to see your mods!

- As far as maps go, there is virtually no polygon limit (it's so high that one will likely never reach it). For models, I am not aware of any limit, though it's likely the same deal.
    - Yes, it's capable of advanced effects! Wrack uses shaders to do a lot of rendering effects (including the cel-shading on models), but the shaders can be modified/replaced to incorporate whatever features you'd like, such as normal maps. The engine doesn't support decals on walls right now, but this should change sometime soon.

Awesome!
    Sorry if this sounds a bit tedious, but how about Outdoor rendering capabilites, E.G: Large fields.

You can do it, but the game isn't really designed for that. Wrack doesn't handle bumpy floors too well. From a rendering standpoint though, there's nothing to stop you from doing something like that.

Haha, awesome, thanks for the help Carnevil, it doesn't seem too intimidating now when you're designing a kick ass defend-the-base esque level.

No problem! Hope you make some awesome maps!