just bought Wrack today, and played a little.
Here are some issues I see:
1. No quick save? Boo EDIT: Just tried to play after quitting the game, and there is also no saved game? WTD ? Looks like there is no saving at all?
2. I dont even know when the game saves, so I dont know where I can stop w/o having to go all the back to wherever the game saved at (QS would remedy this, or a more noticable saving icon).
3. I am playing on Normal, and the guys shooting (ice crystals? snow flakes? looks kinda like that), their bullets/crystals/flakes are SO slow. There is no tension whatsoever. The speed of the giant robot things bullets/crystals/flakes were much better (faster).
4. Bobbing. Head bob. Can we have an option to disable this? It makes me nauseous.
5. No way to turn autoswitch weapons off.
6. An fov option would be nice also. I like 110 fov, on 1650x1080
Other than that (so far), really liking the game.
Last edited by Dave3d; 06-08-2012 at 10:33 PM.
First off, thank you very much! I'm glad you're liking it so much! Onto your issues:
1. Quick saves would ruin any tension created whatsoever by the instant death mechanics. Plus, with checkpoints, we allow you to play the game without having to worry about saving, which is quite nice I think.
2. It saves after each level, and you can load your save from the main menu. There currently isn't any indication when you reach a checkpoint, but I think we'll have some sort of indicator when we get a new HUD (even though Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man, etc. had no indicator :P).
3. Yes, I think on the lower skill levels, the projectiles probably need to move faster. I'll address this next version.
4. I can put something in the next version to disable this.
5. It should only switch the first time you pick up a new weapon, and you're generally in a fairly safe situation, so hopefully this isn't a problem.
6. In the console, you can type "vid_fov <whatever you want your FOV to be>".
Hope that helps!
I really am enjoying the game.
The difficulty really ramps up great.
I love the speed of the game, and the player. I wish more games were old school fast like this.
I really dislike the thought nowadays that quicksave ruins any gameplay. I usually work 8-12 hours a day, most times 6-7 days a week, and dont have time to play a whole chapter just to save the game.
Both max payne's had save on demand, and they were brilliant games. I could list MANY other games also.
I dont see why there cant be both checkpoint AND quick saves. This would be ideal for all players. Like bioshock. Have a toggle for quicksave or checkpoint saving.
Hard is where its at!
And, 110 fov makes it even faster!
Its like Quake 3 with Haste on!
Cant wait for the rest of the maps, and other chapters.
Will be recommending to all my friends.
Big robot guys on hard are way too hard.
Only get like 5 shots off before I die.
On easy it is about perfect, but still takes a LOT of shots to kill them (about 15?).
On hard, they are too fast, and take too many shots, and the room is too small.
Die in about 7-10 seconds.
And I had 166 health, and 100 armor too.