Update "quakecon2" - 8/10/2012
Sadly, QuakeCon is over! We got to meet a lot of new people, and also got a lot of great feedback which we've spent the past week addressing. On top of that, we've got some totally new things for this update! Here's what's new:
- ADDED GIBBING! The arcturans now explode in a bloody mess of gibs when massively damaged!
- Made the colored bars on E1M2/E1M3 thinner so that you can see past them! This helps make your progression through the maps more clear, and also entices you with secrets!
- Revamped the armor system! It's now more intuitive and more closely resembles the player's health system.
- Improved the blood particles that appear when shooting the arcturans.
- Made some visual enhancements to E1M2.
- The rocket now produces a smoke trail.
- Added a new crusher alert sound!
- Added a new conveyor belt looping sound!
- Added a couple of breakable crates to E1M2 to help introduce them better.
- Added the IsStopped() AI script command which return true if an object is motionless.
- Particles now sort correctly according to distance.
- Made numerous gameplay tweaks.
- Renamed the "Use shaders" button to "Enable lighting" in the editor (both rendering techniques use shaders!).
- The left bracket key ([) can now be used for bindings.
- The crosshair now fades out during secret message displays.
As always, you can download this update on the download page!
since when were there rockets? I had quake con and it didn't have any sort of rocket launcher
Mezron, the E1M3 boss, shoots rockets.
Nice update. Love the gibs! I noticed the shotgun never gibs the arcturans, even with the doomsphere. Maybe because it sees every pellet as individual damage instead of a whole? I guess this could be fixed if they could be gibbed during their death animation.
Like, pellet damage = 8, enemy health = 1, health needed to gib = -10.
1 - 8 = -7. (a.k.a it never reaches its 'gib health')
Speaking of death, any plans on gibbable corpses?
Last edited by decino; 08-10-2012 at 11:35 PM.